Friday, October 14, 2011

Jerry McAward for Taghkanic Town Board

Jerry McAward
Taghkanic Town Board

I was born in New York City, attended Queens College, then served in the US Army. I was honorably discharged in 1954, and returned to school study law.

During my military service, I was recruited by the FBI to operate undercover as a Communist agent. That undercover career was necessarily terminated at the end of court testimony.

In 1961, I began a five-year term the executive director of a nationwide organization of former FBI agents. In 1966 I formed McAward Associates, Inc., a private investigation firm which became one of the largest purely investigative agencies in the country.

Our work consisted of private and corporate investigations, due diligence, electronic de-bugging, surveillance, vetting job candidates, asset location, missing person searches, and other matters requiring our particular skills. Clients included Fortune 100 firms, and foreign, state and municipal governments. I retired in 2009.

After attending numerous Taghkanic Town Board meetings I realized that good governance was in short supply, and decided to see what I could do to alleviate the situation. The result was my current candidacy for a seat on that board.